My mummy makeup routine

I have always been a great fan of makeup, not because I like to feel like a different person or I'm insecure without it, but because I love putting it on and I immediately feel put together and ready for the day. Any other mummy's out there feel the same? Sometimes you just got to put your makeup on, scrape your hair back and get the day done.





 When I first had little one I discovered that the 2 hours I used to spend getting ready when pregnant, waddling around brushing my hair and experimenting with different mascaras, were not there. The time had just gone, as well as this I didn't want heavy makeup with a newborn. I would spend a lot of time feeling 'un dressed' so I decided it was important for me to have my 'me' time and to make sure I put aside some time to get ready and feel good about myself. When little one was about 3 months old I started to change up my makeup routine to a bare minimum, still enough that I felt good but I like to think I was quite the master at getting completely ready and doing all my errand's within 30 minuets. I thought I would share with you my mummy makeup routine as well as some tips and tricks for you new mums who don't have all the time in the world, trust me I know.

I will just start by saying a great time saver is having your shower in the evening, this took me a while to get used to, but I have really adjusted to it and it fits nicely in myself and little ones routine. This means that in the morning I wash my face and I'm ready to go. I start with using moisturiser, I'm currently using the Nivea Rich moisturising day cream for dry and sensitive skin. I have used this product multiple times before and always enjoy doing so, its not greasy or drying and is a great base before foundation!



Next up is my base, I have perfected this down to about 3 minuets max, I take my foundation which is currently the Kiko Unlimited Foundation in the shade Warm Rose 01. This is so quick and easy to blend, I really don't have time to blend for 10 minuets so I really enjoy how quick this is. I blend this with my beauty blender and then go in with concealer. This is an all time favourite which I have used religiously for years, the Collection lasting perfection concealer in the shade 01 Fair. I put this under my eyes (you'd have to pay 5p for my bags) round my nose and on any blemishes, I blend it in with my finger and voila! I've had 8 hours sleep.





Next is my powder, everyone who knows me knows that I really struggle to keep to a powder, I think the cheap ones are just as good and I really struggle to find one that I love, I am currently using the Collection sheer loose powder in 2 Translucent, which does the job but when little one is about to wake up any minuet, id stick to the one you know and love. I have three products which I like to use on top of my base, which is bronzer, blusher and highlight. Now I'm not gonna lie, blusher and highlight is if I'm lucky so most of the time I will just use my NYX matte bronzer in the shade medium 03. Ive used this bronzer for as long as I can remember, its so easy to blend and your not left with any lines or creases. I tend not to contour as it takes me a while, so I just apply this where the sun would normally hit me so I get a natural glow.




A new product which I've been loving is the L'Oreal Brow Artist Sculpt. Id been stuggling for a while with finding an eyebrow product light enough for my hair but I feel like ive finally hit the jack pot! The colour 02 Brunette is such a good match to my hair colour and I really feel so put together when I apply it as I always get a perfect brow with the easy wand and brush. And finally I have really been enjoying the MUA Amplify Statement Lash. This mascara is so affordable and is really good at giving your lashes volume.It also gives you immediate results so your not sat there for ages with coats and coats of mascara.






I hope this might of inspired some of you to see what makeup I use to give me the best results in the morning, and what products help me look like I've got a full face in no time. And to you mummy's, don't worry if you don't wear any makeup for a week, as long as little one is happy that's all that matters! Make sure you set aside some time to be kind and look after yourself.

Laura and little one xxx


Buy the products I have mentioned:

Nivea day cream

Kiko Foundation

Collection concealer

Collection powder

NYX Bronzer

Eyebrow Sculpt

MUA mascara


Comments